Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Beach Getaway.....



It has been awhile since my last post....Fall is now in the air, leaves are changing, weather is cooler and we are still busy as ever! I wanted to post about out little weekend road trip. The first weekend in October, me and Sydney hopped in the car on a Friday morning and headed to the beach for a couple of days. We had so much fun!!! The weather was great, it was still warm and the water was still warm; it was PERFECT! We started the day with a stop at the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores. It was the first time Sydney has been to this aquarium, but she loved it. I think the Shark tank and the Otter Tank were her favorites. We enjoyed yummy ice cream before we left and of course had to make a stop at the gift shop for Sydneys new friend: Seaweed the Otter.....


I turned the car around and we parked so I get a picture of Sydney in front of this sign....as she was standing there she kept saying Mommy hurry up, ......so in front of the sign stood a big mound of fire ants......I felt horrible, and my child told me to not make her take any more pictures in front of signs....(talk about mommy of the year award....)

so for the rest of the trip we checked the area before taking pictures...:)

Sydney taking a turn at touching a real starfish.....


Meet Seaweed....taking photos with Sydney at aquarium.....



After the aquarium, we went and checked in our hotel and headed to the beach. The water was perfect and Sydney loves the ocean. She found lots of shells to wash and bring home for her shell collection and to give to PaPa and Daddy. We spent most of the day at the beach and walking on the pier watching the fisherman and then went back and changed and headed out on the town; well, maybe I should say I rode around and looked because Sydney was passed out in the backseat from exhaustion. We had some dinner and then headed back to hotel to get to bed early so we could catch the early beach sunrise....


On Saturday, we played on the beach some more...no matter how many times we went on the beach and whether we had our swimsuit on or our clothes we managed to get soaked...But that's ok, that's what extra packing is for.... and then after all that we headed over to Morehead City for the Seafood Festival....we walked and looked at the different vendors and rode some rides and then started heading home.....It was an awesome weekend and I am so thankful that I was able to share all of this with my #1!!!
Sydneys 1st time on the pier.....









No comments:

Post a Comment