Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...Oh Christmas Tree



This year Sydney and I have our first real Christmas tree. Last year our prelit tree broke we we took it to the dumpster and this year Sydney was SO EXCITED about going to the tree farm to pick out our tree. The Friday after thanksgiving we headed to Charlie Wilders tree farm and Sydney walked and walked until she found just the right tree. She picked out the tree and we took it home and Sydney kept saying that she loved how our tree smelled so "minty". She decorated our tree with all her special ornaments that she is made over the years and other special ornaments we have collected over the years. The one negative thing about our tree that drives her mommy CRAZY is that when I went to purchase the lights for the tree I didn't pay attention to the box and see that some lights were white wires and some were green wires. Obviously I would like to have had the green wire lights but once they were bought they were going on the tree and will be corrected next year. It definitely annoys me every time I look at the tree and see the white wires but, past that Sydney did a great job and the tree is so pretty. We decided no more prelit's for us, it will be a new tradition for us of going to the farm to pick out our tree each year, just like I did when I was small!


So excited to find just the right tree....



This is the perfrect tree Mommy!!



Let the decorating begin.....!!






Checking the "minty"smell!




The tree is complete...what an awesome job she did!




So proud of my girl for writing all her classmates names on all 20presents..




Looking at the list and checking it twice..:)




Packing the presents to take for classroom christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment