Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lunch time


Yesterday at Sydneys school that had the "main event" which was where if you sold 10 items from the candy man catalog you were allowed to go the gym and play games and play on the inflatables. So I volunteered and helped out on the ball toss game. So basically, you had a chance to throw two balls than there were like 30 white squares and three colored squares and if you landed on the colored square you got a prize. Well this game was way too hard for these kids so I basically was putting the ball on the color square so that these kids could win a prize.


After the carnival I was able to go and have lunch with Sydney. This was not the first time that I have had lunch with her, but I love each time I go. The first time I went to lunch with her I was amazed at how much she had grown by picking her milk and carrying her tray to the table all by herself. She also told me she is one of the few that knows her lunch number. After lunch they have kids that are "table washers" and their "job" is to clean the table while everyone else throws their plate away and gets in line to go back to class. I am so thankful for a job that allows me to have days that I can go and volunteer and have lunch with Sydney because a day will come where she will not want to sit at the lunch table with me at school and this day will break my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment