Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Little Kindergarten Graduate

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! I still remember taking Sydney to kindergarten orientation to meet her teacher and how excited she was to be going to kindergarten, she wanted to ride that "real school bus" and play on that "big playground"! Well we didn't attempt riding the bus...maybe next year. And then came the day when it was time to take her to school for the first time and when I walked her in the classroom and wanted to take lots of pictures of her first day, she was embarrassed and said, OK Mommy you can go now, I will be fine and I will see you later....And as I drove away from dropping her off...I cried like a baby! It was so hard to believe how big she was getting and growing up SO FAST! And now today, I went and watched my baby celebrate her kindergarten graduation. And next year I will have a 1st grader. Sydney had a wonderful first year of school. She has accomplished so much....she is top of her class in her reading and continued to work on her math and learn other skills such as telling time and counting to 100 by ones, fives and tens. She can spell just about any word you give her and is reading almost on a 2nd grade level. Her favorite special of the week was gym, and probably her least favorite was Spanish. She spent alot of her recess days doing alternate recess because she LOVES TO TALK, but when she did get to play she loved days that were "big equipment days" because she loved to play on the slides and climb....not so much the monkey bars but the other equipment.
On the last day, it began with school awards in the media center and Sydney received a keys to the future award for reading 100books this school year. She also received a class award for her reading. After the class awards all the kindergarten classes went outside to play on the playground and play some games and then we all sat on the lawn and enjoyed a picnic lunch. After the picnic we had cake and then packed our bags and said good bye to our friends and teachers and headed home to begin our summer.

My little graduate.....Love her!


Sydney receiving her keys to the future award from Mrs. Eason the principal.

.
Good Friends getting ready to take a slide...Ashley C (Sydneys bestie), Shannon, Marco, Jason Acosta, and my girl!!!

Sydney and her buddy Jason...She has really enjoyed having him in her class this year....almost all of my pictures have Jason in them...I think she has a little crush...

Bean bag toss that they played with the other kindergarten classes.



Congratulations to all the kindergartners....

Nothing like relaxing in the sun....

Man that was some good cake!!!!

This was my girl the first day I took her to kindergarten with Mrs. Phipps her teacher.

And this is my girl 180days later.....I can't believe how fast they grow and how time flies....it makes me so sad....but I could not be more proud of how much she has grown this last year.

Sydney with Mrs. Tenbroek her classroom teacher assistant. This was Mrs. Tenbroek's last class before retirement.....

Sydney and her friend Andrea doing a little artwork on the last day.

Check out that diploma....You go girl!!!! Mommy is so very proud of you!!!!!

My little girl on the first day of school.....When I see this picture it reminds me of how Sydney did not want to go and take this picture because the grass was wet and she would get grass on her sandals, so after I coaxed her into taking the picture I had to clean her sandals before she would go into her class.....That's my diva!

And now my little girl all ready to be a 1st grader......

No comments:

Post a Comment